Monday 26 November 2007

Back racing at the Abbey Dash 10k

Yesterday was my first race since Toronto and things went pretty well as I finished 12th in the Leeds Abbey Dash 10k road race in 30mins 45 secs.

On a breezy day the first half of the race was steady and I was quite happy running in the 3rd group to get to the turn at 5k in 15.35 before putting my head down and starting to reel in the stragglers from the group in front.

It was good to get a hard run under belt and see where my fitness is. Clearly a few weeks rest after the marathon and then a few steady weeks in november has not cost me much fitness and I have a good platform to build on for the winter.

In the Inter Area match my South of England team were beaten into 2nd place by a strong Welsh team.

Results:
1. I Boneham 29.30
12. A. Marriott 30.45

Full results

No comments: