Monday 5 May 2008

4th place in Bristol 10k

On a humid morning I finished an excellent 4th in a strong field at the Bristol 10km road race behind a couple of african runners and UK 10,000m champion Phil Nicholls. The race went as well as I could have hoped for and after a steady start in the second group I was able to push on at the 4k mark and pick off several runners before the finish.

The race was superbly organised though the course is not the quickest and the muggy conditions left us all drenched in sweat by the finish. As a result times were a bit down on what people would have expected. For me the benchmark is how close I was to the leaders and generally it was a good 30 secs closer than a week ago at the national road relays so I was delighted with my morning's work.

With 6 weeks until the Olympic 10,000m trials I am feeling confident of running much faster as I am only just starting to do some specific 5k/10k training after a really good block of endurance work.

Results
1. Jean Ndayasenga (Bur)
2. Phil Nicholls
3. Zak Kihara (Ken)
4. Adrian Marriott
5. Toby Lambert
6. Martin Williams

Full results

In the news
Western Daily Press

No comments: