Monday 22 April 2013

Never stop learning

One of the great things about life in general and sport in particular is that you can always learn new things if you are open enough to put yourself into situations where you are exposed to something you can't do very well. The mind and body are fantastically adapted to learn new motor skills pretty quickly with focused practice.

This winter I spent some time on the loipes learning to cross country ski. In part it was an experiment to see if several hours continuous aerobic exercise without the impact of running would benefit my (ultra) running and in part the sheer challenge of learning a completely new skill. I've written about my experience and the learning process in more depth on the Connectwell website. So the question now is how do I challenge myself this summer ? All suggestion welcome !

No comments: